Azure Support Engineer for Connectivity Specialty: Exam review
AZ-720 was released around the last week of June 2022. This exam focuses troubleshoot hybrid environments, including issues with Azure Virtual Machines, virtual networks, and connectivity between on-premises and Azure services.
As per Microsoft: Candidates for this exam should have experience with networking and with hybrid
environments, including knowledge of routing, permissions, and account limits. They must be
able to use available tools to diagnose issues related to business continuity, hybrid
environments, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), access control,
networking, and virtual machines connectivity.
- Troubleshoot business continuity issues (5-10%)
- Troubleshoot hybrid and cloud connectivity issues (20-25%)
- Troubleshoot Platform as a Service issues (5-10%)
- Troubleshoot authentication and access control issues (15-20%)
- Troubleshoot networks (25-30%)
- Troubleshoot VM connectivity issues (5-10%)
- Microsoft Learn is a good start and provides a clear overview of the exams and expectations.
- Reading troubleshooting documents helps in understanding other stuff which may not be clear using the learning path.
- And the last thing is trying to deploy and break resources – “Hand On Experience” 🤞
- Similar to other exams, it covers pretty much everything listed in the given topics.
- I had 50’ish questions and 100 minutes.
- Some questions were tricky and others were straightforward.
- Don’t spend time on tricky ones – complete the exam and revisit them once you’re done.